What is Epoxy Resin?
Epoxy resin, also known as polyepoxides, is mix of resin & hardener(curatives). By mixing resin & hardener with correct mixing ratio, a chemical reaction takes place so that the liquid resin gradually hardens to become a solid plastic.
Characteristic of Epoxy Resin:
✓ Electrical Resistance
✓ Chemical Resistance
✓ Corrosion Resistance
✓ High Strength/Weight Ratio
✓ Low Moisture Absorption
✓ High Viscosity
Application of Epoxy Resin:
✓ Coating / Paint (Carbon Fiber Coat, Waterproof Flooring Coating, Countertop)
✓ Art (River Table, Key Chain, Name Tag)
✓ Specimen & many more
Type of Epoxy Resin:
1, UV Resin (Cure time ~5mins) – Most Expensive
2, Fast Cure Epoxy Resin ( 30mins – 12 hours ) – Expensive
3, Ultra Clear Epoxy Resin (~20 hours) – Cheapest
4, Slow Cure Epoxy Resin ( 24-48 hours ) – Expensive
For Ultra Clear Epoxy Resin:
- Clean your mold and product.
- Mixing Resin & Hardener (A : B in Weight Ratio 3 : 1 )
- Epoxy requires a minimum mass of material for the chemical reaction to occur, ensuring that the material cures properly. We suggest to mix minimum 9 grams of resins (Part A) with 3 grams of hardener (Part B).
- Pour 9 grams of Resins (Part A) to 3 grams of Hardener (Part B) into an empty plastic cup (with total reading of 12 grams).
- Make sure to mix the 2 part epoxy according to the weight ratio 3 : 1 (Part A : B)
- Stir the mixture slowly using stick or mini spoon. This will minimize the possibility of air bubbles forming in the mixture.
- Let the mixture sit for 5-10 minutes to allow any air bubbles to rise to the surface.
1, SUGGEST TO ADD IN SLIGHTLY MORE HARDENER (5% EXTRA) IF USE VOLUMETRIC MEASUREMENTS.
2, THICKNESS NEVER EXCEED 1CM FOR RIVER TABLE
3. Pour epoxy into mold:
- Remove any air bubbles which may have formed during the application. Simply place the toothpick on the bubble and draw it towards the surface.
- Once applied, please allow minimum 16 hours for the mixture to be cured.
- Be sure to check on it periodically to make sure no air bubbles have formed in your design.
For UV Resin (100g):
1.UV Resin can be cured under direct sun light (for smaller projects usually not thicker than 2mm), recommend to cure using 36 Watt UV Lamp (UV Light Box).
*** Please take note this UV epoxy resin cannot be cured using small UV Torch/LED Torch/LED type light box as they are not powerful enough to cure it. ***
Where to buy epoxy resin in Malaysia?
Lazada (Free Shipping using Lazada Voucher):
Shopee (Free Shipping using Shopee Voucher):
Self Collect at No. 1, Jalan BS 7/12, Taman Perindustrian Bukit Serdang, 43300 Seri Kembangan, Selangor:
Please WhatsApp us to make appointment (Monday – Saturday 11am – 5pm)
Close on Sunday & public holiday.
3:1 1Kg RM 35, more than 10kg = RM 30/kg. (Walk in Price)
1:1 10kg RM 450 (Walk in Price)
Why buy from us?
👍 Malaysia Top Seller in Lazada & Shopee
👍 Lowest Price
👍 100% Ready Stock
👍 Fast Shipping
👍 Free Shipping